Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FL34

Pacers suck at small ball

9 posts in this topic

They can't out score anyone, and they can't defend, either. 

Yes, this roster is worse than I imagined.  I can't believe how poorly Bird has been in crafting this roster since Paul George went down.  A team doesn't have to "tank" to prepare for the future, and there was no way the Pacers were going to compete for a title this year with West another year older and losing the $9M cap asset in Stephenson.  

Colts and Hoosiers seem to be the same this year...

Looks like the Pacers and Hoosiers may be trending down the same path.

Bird $#it the bed before (and during) last season when he completely *fudge*ed up the values for Lance, West, & Hibbert.

Lance is probably completely insane, but I always thought the Pacers would get the most out of him.  I wish he was still here.  Now his career is almost over, unless he flips the switch.

And Bird should have dealt West & Hibbert earlier...

Celtics had a horrid loss yesterday...Bill Simmons was crying via twitter.  It was enjoyable.

12 hours ago, crimsonlaw said:

Bird is like IU--getting by on reputation. 

After the Lance and Hibbert thing fell apart, I'm not sure what else the Pacers were supposed to do. I'm pleasantly surprised with 2 things : 1)the success bird's offseason acquisitions have had the last 2 years and 2) Vogel's adjustment to small ball.  The latter hasn't been perfect and relies on George alot, but they have been better than I thought. 

10 hours ago, dustonomo said:

Celtics had a horrid loss yesterday...Bill Simmons was crying via twitter.  It was enjoyable.

Yea, I saw that. He'll sober up when he realizes Ben Simmons isn't the next LeBron. 

Bird is a bit like Grigson in his "involvement." Of course Bird has a lot more experience and insight than Grigson. 

Grigson and Bird should never be mentioned in the same sentence! :) 

Yea, I can see it. His biggest mistake was firing Carlisle. Not sure what went down there, but I would love to know.